Rudimental Ram: “Lickety Split”
Here is a short video lesson from Vic Firth’s website featuring Emmanuel Deleon showing a difficult rudimental ram called “Lickety Split” that incorporates a wide range of techniques, rudiments, hybrids and stick tricks! The instructor Emmanuel Deleon performed with the Vanguard Cadets in 2006 and the Santa Clara Vanguard in 2007-2009.Emmanuel aged out in 2010 performing with the Blue Devils of Concord, CA.
Enjoy this exercise and keep practicing. As always contact me with any questions or suggestions.
For other drum videos visit our YouTube Channel at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBVVi3J3KfDZPVLcr8a4iTw
Below is info on Brett Frederickson:
He has been teaching drums for over 27 years including drum line instruction for 17 years. He is a graduate of MI (Musicians Institute); Featured in Drum Magazine, Drum Business and Modern Drummer.
- Degreed instructor — Musicians Institute of Technology (MIT)
- Drum Set instructor for over 27 years
- Drum Line instructor for over 17 years winning many State Competitions and Awards
- Featured in magazines including Modern Drummer, Drum Business, and Drum Magazine
- Has Performed and done Studio Work with many bands including Megadeath, Scott Mishoe, Keith Horne, Jeff Kollman, Ray Riendeau and many more.
- Former students have graduated from Berkley College of Music & Musicians Institute
- Former students have received full ride scholarships to ASU, NAU and U of A for drum-line, jazz band, and percussion
- Located in North Phoenix, AZ
Brett’s true passion is teaching students to play drums, in a fun, quality learning environment. So whether you are just getting started, or have been playing for years, Brett can help you take your skills to the next level.
Lessons are for a full hour at $25.00/hr. Come see why his students keep coming back!
Brett Frederickson – Visit Online at http://www.drummersrule.net or call him directly at 602-843-3114.